Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Christmas may be Cancelled
- Uncertainty: Brexit and Retailing
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- Brexit and the ‘F**K Business’ Approach
- A Lidl Surprise?
- "Argos catalogues - a fascinating historical archive"
- Food and Retailing Cultures: Zaragoza
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Vacancies and Store Closures
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Pricing
The rise of the hard discounters is a well-observed phenomenon of continuing research endeavour and commentary. In the UK, as is well known, Aldi and Lidl have captured considerable market share over the last decade. ‘Retail Disruptors’ by Jan-Benedict Steenkamp … Continue reading
The Scottish diet has become a short-hand for unhealthy living. All the evidence points to its stubborn lack of change despite information, exhortation and even small measures of legislation. Whilst retailers and manufacturers have taken some actions on reformulation of … Continue reading
Last week there was a media flurry about the The Times report that women are routinely charged more for similar or essentially the same items by some retailers. This “BIC for her” phenomenon seems to be more prevalent than thought. … Continue reading