Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Retail Disruptors - the spectacular rise and impact of the hard discounters
- Logistics and Retail Management 5th Edition - now published
- A Lidl Surprise?
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Scotland's Shops and Shopfronts: history and future?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Scotland’s Town and High Streets
A few weeks ago I was reading an interview in the Guardian and the interviewee, the writer Barbara Kingsolver, said about the Great Barrier Reef: “You’re hearing about everything that dies, you’re not hearing about everything that’s still alive. If … Continue reading
Our recent visit to Orkney was not meant to be about retailing or shops, but inevitably just wandering around Stromness and Kirkwall one can’t help but look at the retailing. As I noted in the earlier blog, the overwhelming sense … Continue reading
On Tuesday afternoon, I was contacted by a journalist (Stephen Naysmith) from The Herald about the upcoming Local Data Company/PwC report on high streets. He sent me the (then) embargoed press release. I attach it here for those interested and … Continue reading