Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
April 2020 – Some tidying up and corrections in the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- Lockdown 1990s style
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- Whole Foods Giffnock – Apples or Pears?
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Have You Heard of Sanders Bros?
- Towns and Town Centres in Scotland: reflections six years on from Fraser
- "Argos catalogues - a fascinating historical archive"
- Analysing and Understanding Shopping Centres
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Retailing in Scotland's Largest Towns and Cities 2015
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Supermarkets
The Scottish diet has become a short-hand for unhealthy living. All the evidence points to its stubborn lack of change despite information, exhortation and even small measures of legislation. Whilst retailers and manufacturers have taken some actions on reformulation of … Continue reading
The issue of opening hours for shops is something that has been an ever-present during my time as an academic. The product-based absurdities of the late 1970s and early 1980s were eventually swept away as opening hours were modernised and … Continue reading
My long-term colleague, Anne Findlay has just sent me a newspaper clipping that she recently found in her parent’s house. A quick bit of research (or Googling as we now call it) dated it to February 7th 1962. Anne knew … Continue reading