Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
12.02.2018 Our latest Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
22.1.18 A little bit of post new year tidying up and updating done, especially in relation to media
Top Posts & Pages
- "We're in the Money"
- Shops opening and expanding, queues outside: the High Street picture that’s not making the national news
- Tartan Cents: Linking the Scottish Global Diaspora
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- Tesco Trails
- Taxing Times: Tesco and Poland
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Albert Gubay 1928-2016
- Fully Funded ESRC Collaborative PhD Studentship on Scottish convenience store retailing
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Competition
The 8th September this year was notable for a couple of anniversaries. In 2015 the Queen formally re-opened the Borders Railway. It was also 50 years since the first episode of Star Trek was broadcast; may retailers ‘live long and … Continue reading
Some of you will recall that the Scottish Grocers Federation (SGF) organised a Study Day this year to Musselburgh, with the aim of looking at what the discounters have to offer and the competition that they “provide” to local convenience … Continue reading
Last Thursday was dubbed Super Thursday by a number of analysts due to the sheer volume of results, trading updates and other news expected from retail companies. It did not disappoint in that Morrisons sold off their convenience stores and … Continue reading
The University of Stirling is a supporter of The Conversation, and I published a commentary there yesterday. I reblog it here. My commentary, perhaps unsurprisingly, was on the goings-on at Tesco, which has been something of a running theme on … Continue reading