Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Retailing in Scotland's Largest Towns and Cities 2015
- Journal Articles 2019
- A Lidl Surprise?
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- Retail Disruptors - the spectacular rise and impact of the hard discounters
- The Future of Shopping Centres in Scotland's Towns
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Unlocking the Potential of Scotland's Towns
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Market share
The rise of the hard discounters is a well-observed phenomenon of continuing research endeavour and commentary. In the UK, as is well known, Aldi and Lidl have captured considerable market share over the last decade. ‘Retail Disruptors’ by Jan-Benedict Steenkamp … Continue reading
UK Grocery Market Shares are a little dependent on who you believe. In my case, I have chosen one group (initially TNS, subsequently taken over by Kantar) and stuck with them. I have wanted not to focus on the short-term … Continue reading
August is traditionally the silly season in the media, as journalists and readers/viewers take advantage of the summer weather and holidays (well that’s the theory) and disappear, leaving space for all sorts of outlandish reporting attempting to fill column inches, … Continue reading
Wow, Just Wow. It is almost beyond belief, and there may be more to come yet. I’ve written about the trials and tribulations of Tesco before (here and here for example), but have generally taken the view that a crisis … Continue reading