Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
April 2020 – Some tidying up and corrections in the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- Tracking the Impact of Lockdown on Retailers
- What Should We Value about Retailing and Towns and What Should We Do About Them?
- Retailing, Shopping and Covid-19
- Albert Gubay 1928-2016
- Town & Country Planning Journal (Trading Places Columns) 2012-2018
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Navigating The New Retail Landscape
- Turning Around another Supertanker; Marks and Spencer
- Analysing and Understanding Shopping Centres
- Taxing Times: Tesco and Poland
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Market share
The rise of the hard discounters is a well-observed phenomenon of continuing research endeavour and commentary. In the UK, as is well known, Aldi and Lidl have captured considerable market share over the last decade. ‘Retail Disruptors’ by Jan-Benedict Steenkamp … Continue reading
UK Grocery Market Shares are a little dependent on who you believe. In my case, I have chosen one group (initially TNS, subsequently taken over by Kantar) and stuck with them. I have wanted not to focus on the short-term … Continue reading
August is traditionally the silly season in the media, as journalists and readers/viewers take advantage of the summer weather and holidays (well that’s the theory) and disappear, leaving space for all sorts of outlandish reporting attempting to fill column inches, … Continue reading