Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
May 2021 – Journal Articles page updated with two new academic papers in Planning, Theory and Practice, and Sustainability, joining our Ageing & Society paper
March 2021 – Personal Biography redesigned and updated
January 2021 – Updates of Media Commentary and Journal Articles page structures
Top Posts & Pages
- Town Centres in Wales: Bounded Muscularity?
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- Convenience Stores and the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Scotland's Town Centre Action Plan Review
- Axe Stores (this is a description not an instruction)
- Planning: Good, Evil or Just Tedious?
- Journal Articles 2021
- Town & Country Planning Journal (Trading Places Columns) 2012-2018
- The Buttercup Dairy Company
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: High Streets
A few months ago I, together with Phil Prentice (STP), had a long discussion with representatives of Audit Wales around enhancing town centres. This came in the wake of the review I chaired, and the report I authored, for the … Continue reading
A good few years ago, Anne Findlay and myself published a paper on the changing retail structure in the Borders using longitudinal data. We titled this ‘Weaving new retail and consumer structures in the Scottish Borders,’ reflecting the weaving history … Continue reading
On the 15th July, the UK Government published its new high street strategy for England “Build Back Better: High Streets”. I was asked by The Conversation to prepare a peice about the strategy, its links to Covid recovery and its … Continue reading