Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- A Lidl Surprise?
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Taxing Times: Tesco and Poland
- Herkku Food Market Delicatessen – Helsinki
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Journal Articles 2019
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- "Argos catalogues - a fascinating historical archive"
- Tiles and Sardines
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: International Retailing
The financial results for Tesco last week brought forward a lot of comment and some interesting thoughts, not least the looming pension deficit and the exceptional items booked into the accounts. Oh, and the underlying performance, which was quite good. … Continue reading
The other day I received an email saying that the 2016-2017 Annual Review of the Retail Think Tank was available. It can be accessed and downloaded from here. The Retail Think Tank is just over 10 years old, being conceived … Continue reading
Readers of this blog will be aware of the occasional use of guest bloggers and of book reviews. A couple of weeks ago my colleague Steve Burt showed me a new retail book he had bought, authored by two contemporaries … Continue reading
Early in January, Albert Gubay died, aged 87. His is not a name that will necessarily be familiar to many people, but he was a true original in the field of retailing and more generally. Not many people amass a … Continue reading