Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
16.08.2018 New article added to the publications section
02.08.2018 Publications updated to include three new articles
12.07.2018 Our latest Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Media Commentary 2018
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Three Go To An Exhibition
- Journal Articles 2018
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Healthy Ageing in Scotland (HAGIS) and Online Shopping
- Challenging Times in Food Retailing, continued
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Policy
A few weeks have now passed since the publication of the much anticipated Barclay Review of Non Domestic Rates in Scotland. I was away at the time and did not get much sense of how it was received, though did … Continue reading
The Scottish diet has become a short-hand for unhealthy living. All the evidence points to its stubborn lack of change despite information, exhortation and even small measures of legislation. Whilst retailers and manufacturers have taken some actions on reformulation of … Continue reading
Downloadable versions of this post are available here (word) and here (pdf). The attraction of many international delegates to the inaugural World Towns Summit in Edinburgh in June 2016 was eloquent testimony to the perception that Scotland has led the … Continue reading