Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Of Cows and Elephants
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- HMV - predictable or what?
- Towns and Town Centres in Scotland: reflections six years on from Fraser
- UK Grocery Market Share 1997-2019
- Quant (ifying) the Past
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- The Scottish Diet and Retail Shops
- Efficiency or Idiocy?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Towns
This blog has a number of recurring themes – or nightmares. Most of them are focused around the themes of the mis-use of data, the lack of reaction about the structural change underway across retailing and the unwillingness of many … Continue reading
Some people have been a bad influence on me: @historicshops @KA_Morrison (see Building Our Past) and @ghostsigns spring to mind. Their encyclopaedic knowledge – and delight in and willingness to share – means that I am forever on the search … Continue reading
When I was 10 months old my father ‘forsake the amateur code’ (copyright Welsh Rugby Union) and ‘went north’, joining the Halifax professional rugby league team. This was a life changing decision in many ways for his family; not least … Continue reading