Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
October 2020 – Additions of recent articles in Social Science & Medicine and Marketing Theory to the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- Checkout the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- Scottish and Online Retail Sales in Lockdown
- The Architecture of England's Co-operative Movement
- UK Grocery Market Share 1997-2019
- The Scottish Diet and Retail Shops
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- How is Coronavirus affecting the UK's Retail Sector?
- What Should We Value about Retailing and Towns and What Should We Do About Them?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Towns
Over two and a half years ago I attended a seminar at the Engine Shed in Stirling called ‘Talking Shops’ and my blog discussion of the event can be found here. In that post I noted the presentation by Lynn … Continue reading
I was not intending to add to my previous two posts on data and reporting (footfall and store openings and closures), but then I saw the coverage (looking at you again in the first instance BBC) of last week’s Scottish … Continue reading
The retail news cycle last Sunday was dominated by the Local Data Company/PwC report on openings and closures in the first half (well, to August) of this year. The headlines were positively apocalyptic, led by the BBC with its unambiguous … Continue reading
There have been many outrageous statements made over the last months of the pandemic (and in terms of the subject of this post – footfall – in the months and years prior), but recent offerings have really taken the biscuit. … Continue reading
It is not an unusual state of mind these days, but I am puzzled over a couple of things that have been the topic of discussions (or in the first case the media as well) I have been in over … Continue reading
On 1st July 2020, it was announced that an Expert Review Group had been formed by the Scottish Government to undertake an appraisal of the Town Centre Action Plan published in 2013 as a response to the National Review of … Continue reading