Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
April 2020 – Some tidying up and corrections in the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Scottish and Online Retail Sales in Lockdown
- Try Before You Buy: A ‘Returns Tsunami’?
- Research Projects
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Place Based Loyalty
- Shopping with Confidence?
- Towns and Town Centres in Scotland: reflections six years on from Fraser
- Retail Focused Funded PhD Available - Suburban Mobility: Shopping and Older People
- Albert Gubay 1928-2016
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Strategy
The rise of the hard discounters is a well-observed phenomenon of continuing research endeavour and commentary. In the UK, as is well known, Aldi and Lidl have captured considerable market share over the last decade. ‘Retail Disruptors’ by Jan-Benedict Steenkamp … Continue reading
Readers of this blog will be aware of the occasional use of guest bloggers and of book reviews. A couple of weeks ago my colleague Steve Burt showed me a new retail book he had bought, authored by two contemporaries … Continue reading
The University of Stirling is a supporter of The Conversation, and I published a commentary there yesterday. I reblog it here. My commentary, perhaps unsurprisingly, was on the goings-on at Tesco, which has been something of a running theme on … Continue reading