Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
May 2021 – Journal Articles page updated with two new academic papers in Planning, Theory and Practice, and Sustainability, joining our Ageing & Society paper
March 2021 – Personal Biography redesigned and updated
January 2021 – Updates of Media Commentary and Journal Articles page structures
Top Posts & Pages
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- How is Coronavirus affecting the UK's Retail Sector?
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- "Whose Town is it Anyway?" Reflections on Scotland's Towns Conference
- Donald Garvin Harris OBE 1938-2013
- Tesco Trails
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Legislation
The financial results for Tesco last week brought forward a lot of comment and some interesting thoughts, not least the looming pension deficit and the exceptional items booked into the accounts. Oh, and the underlying performance, which was quite good. … Continue reading
The issue of opening hours for shops is something that has been an ever-present during my time as an academic. The product-based absurdities of the late 1970s and early 1980s were eventually swept away as opening hours were modernised and … Continue reading
My recent visit to Poland and the symposium on sustainable development discussion brought back memories from my first visit to Poland in 1987 and discussions we had there around retail location and the purpose of retailing. In that not quite … Continue reading