Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
March 2021 – Personal Biography redesigned and updated
January 2021 – Updates of Media Commentary and Journal Articles page structures
October 2020 – Additions of recent articles in Social Science & Medicine and Marketing Theory to the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Screen Time? Cinemas and Town Centres
- Aberdeen, No More?
- Have You Heard of Sanders Bros?
- Herkku Food Market Delicatessen – Helsinki
- UK Grocery Market Share 1997-2019
- Ten years on stirlingretail.com
- Locavore's Bigger Plan
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Suppliers
In my last post, I considered some of the best and worst behaviours we have seen in food retailing during the COVID-19 crisis to date. Now we have the Government lockdown and the splitting of retailing into essential and non-essential … Continue reading
A popular phrase used in media and other commentary on the UK grocery system is that “Small firms are being ‘squeezed’ by their powerful partners“. This is shorthand for financial pressures put on SMEs by large organisations such as grocery … Continue reading