Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
October 2020 – Additions of recent articles in Social Science & Medicine and Marketing Theory to the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- Checkout the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- Scottish and Online Retail Sales in Lockdown
- The Architecture of England's Co-operative Movement
- UK Grocery Market Share 1997-2019
- The Scottish Diet and Retail Shops
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- How is Coronavirus affecting the UK's Retail Sector?
- What Should We Value about Retailing and Towns and What Should We Do About Them?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Food Standards Scotland
The UK Government has recently published a set of proposals and statements about restricting commercial activity as part of an approach to tackle obesity. We have also seen the first stage of a ‘National’ Food Strategy be published. In Scotland … Continue reading
The last 2019 Cross Party Group for Independent Convenience Stores, held last week, was a cracker. With all the excitement of the AGM (not really), it was almost too much to have three excellent presentations on retailing and the public … Continue reading
The Scottish diet has become a short-hand for unhealthy living. All the evidence points to its stubborn lack of change despite information, exhortation and even small measures of legislation. Whilst retailers and manufacturers have taken some actions on reformulation of … Continue reading
A few weeks ago I took part in a workshop organised by the Stirling Management School’s Behavioural Science group and supported by SIRE (Scottish Institute for Research in Economics). The topic was consumer preferences, perceptions and decision-making, mainly in the … Continue reading