Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Towns: Time for some good news
- "No Town Immune": Data and reporting
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- Righting the Tesco Supertanker?
- Research Projects
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- Turning Around another Supertanker; Marks and Spencer
- Shops opening and expanding, queues outside: the High Street picture that’s not making the national news
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Food Standards Scotland
The last 2019 Cross Party Group for Independent Convenience Stores, held last week, was a cracker. With all the excitement of the AGM (not really), it was almost too much to have three excellent presentations on retailing and the public … Continue reading
The Scottish diet has become a short-hand for unhealthy living. All the evidence points to its stubborn lack of change despite information, exhortation and even small measures of legislation. Whilst retailers and manufacturers have taken some actions on reformulation of … Continue reading
A few weeks ago I took part in a workshop organised by the Stirling Management School’s Behavioural Science group and supported by SIRE (Scottish Institute for Research in Economics). The topic was consumer preferences, perceptions and decision-making, mainly in the … Continue reading