Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
12.02.2018 Our latest Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
22.1.18 A little bit of post new year tidying up and updating done, especially in relation to media
Top Posts & Pages
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Scottish Grocers’ Federation Retail Excellence Awards 2014: Store of the Year
- Analysing and Understanding Shopping Centres
- Whole Foods Giffnock – Apples or Pears?
- Hail The Town! The Scottish Town in the Age of the Enlightenment
- The Wonder of Woolies - continued
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- Scotland's Shops and Shopfronts: history and future?
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Food Retailing
There has been quite a lot of attention in the last few days on the Amazon Go unit in Seattle being opened to the public. Much has focused on whether this is the end of retail work and how fast … Continue reading
My fascination with markets is pretty well known and has been rolled out in posts in this blog on a regular basis. One of the markets that has featured has been Cardiff Market; somewhere I have been visiting for over … Continue reading
A few weeks ago I attended the Royal Welsh Show (Y Sioe Fawr) at Llanelwedd/Builth Wells. For a number of years I have been to the Royal Highland Show at Ingliston and have always thought it to be a large … Continue reading
The Scottish diet has become a short-hand for unhealthy living. All the evidence points to its stubborn lack of change despite information, exhortation and even small measures of legislation. Whilst retailers and manufacturers have taken some actions on reformulation of … Continue reading