Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
January 2021 – Updates of Media Commentary and Journal Articles page structures
October 2020 – Additions of recent articles in Social Science & Medicine and Marketing Theory to the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- "If Not Now, When?" - the Social Renewal Advisory Board Report
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- National Review of Town Centres
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Halifax - with Elephants
- Albert Gubay 1928-2016
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Shopping
There have been many outrageous statements made over the last months of the pandemic (and in terms of the subject of this post – footfall – in the months and years prior), but recent offerings have really taken the biscuit. … Continue reading
It is not an unusual state of mind these days, but I am puzzled over a couple of things that have been the topic of discussions (or in the first case the media as well) I have been in over … Continue reading
On 1st July 2020, it was announced that an Expert Review Group had been formed by the Scottish Government to undertake an appraisal of the Town Centre Action Plan published in 2013 as a response to the National Review of … Continue reading
The retail headlines last week were interesting. Based on the latest Office for National Statistics retail sales data (for June 2020), the media packaged up a story about how UK retail sales had surged to pre-lockdown levels and were close … Continue reading
Apologies, this took a little longer and got a bit lengthier than I originally intended. “If they look beyond heroic individualism and accept that individuals exist in a network of social bonds and obligations, we might just see a … Continue reading