Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
April 2020 – Some tidying up and corrections in the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- ‘Writing the Rules of the Game’: Non-market Strategy, commercial interests and health policy
- "Retail sales surge close to pre-lockdown levels"
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- Albert Gubay 1928-2016
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Dublin's Fair City
- "Argos catalogues - a fascinating historical archive"
- Are Retailers Social Engineers?
- Herkku Food Market Delicatessen – Helsinki
- Media Commentary 2018
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Shopping
The retail headlines last week were interesting. Based on the latest Office for National Statistics retail sales data (for June 2020), the media packaged up a story about how UK retail sales had surged to pre-lockdown levels and were close … Continue reading
Apologies, this took a little longer and got a bit lengthier than I originally intended. “If they look beyond heroic individualism and accept that individuals exist in a network of social bonds and obligations, we might just see a … Continue reading
A fully funded three year PhD is available for Autumn 2019 start. This research project explores features of the retail environment that enable older people to use local neighbourhood and high street shops as well as participate and keep mobile in … Continue reading