Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
October 2020 – Additions of recent articles in Social Science & Medicine and Marketing Theory to the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- Checkout the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- Scottish and Online Retail Sales in Lockdown
- The Architecture of England's Co-operative Movement
- UK Grocery Market Share 1997-2019
- The Scottish Diet and Retail Shops
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- How is Coronavirus affecting the UK's Retail Sector?
- What Should We Value about Retailing and Towns and What Should We Do About Them?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Internet
125 stores, 2200 direct employees, an unknown number of individuals and businesses also linked to, and supplying, the company; the administration and likely demise of HMV would be problematic at any time but between Christmas and New Year it has … Continue reading
The ASOS news this week was to many something of a surprise, but in reality it really shouldn’t be. A profit warning on Monday wiped almost 40% off its share price and impacted other retailers as well. Many of these … Continue reading
We are all getting older, even if many of us are feeling younger than our chronological age. The ageing of the population is a recurrent theme cutting across topics and activities. But, in all of the discussion, there is a … Continue reading
A few weeks have now passed since the publication of the much anticipated Barclay Review of Non Domestic Rates in Scotland. I was away at the time and did not get much sense of how it was received, though did … Continue reading
I first encountered John Dawson when I was working in the City Council in Townsville, Northern Queensland. I was on a four-month exchange as a student and had been asked to do some research on shopping centres. As a consequence … Continue reading