Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
02.08.2018 2018 Publications updated to include three new articles
12.07.2018 Our latest Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- Trading Places: our Town and Country Planning Columns
- Tesco Trails
- Shops opening and expanding, queues outside: the High Street picture that’s not making the national news
- A (Retail) Sense of Place
- Turning Around another Supertanker; Marks and Spencer
- The ‘squeezed middle’ and the domino effect in the grocery supply chain
- "Argos catalogues - a fascinating historical archive"
- Tartan Cents: Linking the Scottish Global Diaspora
- HoF: House of Fools?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Internet
We are all getting older, even if many of us are feeling younger than our chronological age. The ageing of the population is a recurrent theme cutting across topics and activities. But, in all of the discussion, there is a … Continue reading
A few weeks have now passed since the publication of the much anticipated Barclay Review of Non Domestic Rates in Scotland. I was away at the time and did not get much sense of how it was received, though did … Continue reading
I first encountered John Dawson when I was working in the City Council in Townsville, Northern Queensland. I was on a four-month exchange as a student and had been asked to do some research on shopping centres. As a consequence … Continue reading
Readers of this blog will be aware of the occasional use of guest bloggers and of book reviews. A couple of weeks ago my colleague Steve Burt showed me a new retail book he had bought, authored by two contemporaries … Continue reading