Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
April 2020 – Some tidying up and corrections in the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- Towns and Town Centres in Scotland: reflections six years on from Fraser
- What Should We Value about Retailing and Towns and What Should We Do About Them?
- Whole Foods Giffnock – Apples or Pears?
- Analysing and Understanding Shopping Centres
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Scotland: Housing to 2040
- Fighting Fit? Independent Convenience Stores and the Public Health Agenda
- Going Self-Service - a 70 year old revolution?
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Confidence, Cash and Friction: Shopping in Scotland
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Local Data Company
Over the last few years, vacancies and store closures have not been out of the news. Whilst vacancy levels may have dropped off from their peak a few years ago, there is a continuation of stories about the closure rates … Continue reading
Guest Blog by Matthew Hopkinson In December 2018 I decided that to try to help Towns better understand the challenges they face; there should be something that could be an easy reference document. This came about from completing day one … Continue reading
On Tuesday afternoon, I was contacted by a journalist (Stephen Naysmith) from The Herald about the upcoming Local Data Company/PwC report on high streets. He sent me the (then) embargoed press release. I attach it here for those interested and … Continue reading
For the last four years, mid December has seen the release of the latest edition of the Local Data Company/University of Stirling Retail report on the situation of retailing in the major towns and cities across Scotland. Last Tuesday saw … Continue reading
On Tuesday, ourselves at the Institute for Retail Studies, University of Stirling and the Local Data Company presented our third annual Retail Review of Scotland’s largest towns and cities. The headlines are that vacancy rates continue to fall, adjustment processes … Continue reading
The Local Data Company/University of Stirling 3rd Scottish Retail Town Centres Event will be held on the 1st December at KPMG Offices in Edinburgh. The Town Centres Event builds on the 2013 and 2014 events and reports and will reveal … Continue reading
Regular readers of this blog will know about the work we do with the Local Data Company (LDC). As a University we are not alone in this. A couple of weeks ago I attended the LDC/CDRC Retail Thought Leadership event … Continue reading