Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- Retail Armageddon - Non Food
- Retail Armageddon
- Retail Armageddon or Reinvention?
- Christmas and more in March - but only for some
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Hail The Town! The Scottish Town in the Age of the Enlightenment
- Feeding the (Potentially Rather Ill) Nation?
- A Lidl Surprise?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Shops
For those who catch up with me on Twitter, a few weeks ago we had a long weekend in Lisbon – no, not for Eurovision – and I said I would do a post on retail things of interest we … Continue reading
On a number of occasions this blog has covered aspects of the past and in particular ghostsigns and historic shops and shopfronts. Across Scotland (and beyond) there is an enduring fascination for, and concern with, our retail history. I was … Continue reading
A few weeks have now passed since the publication of the much anticipated Barclay Review of Non Domestic Rates in Scotland. I was away at the time and did not get much sense of how it was received, though did … Continue reading
Every two years the conference of the European Association for Education and Research in Commercial Distribution (EAERCD) comes around. Now in its 19th incarnation, this academic conference attracts retail scholars from across the globe to present and discuss their latest … Continue reading