Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
May 2021 – Journal Articles page updated with two new academic papers in Planning, Theory and Practice, and Sustainability, joining our Ageing & Society paper
March 2021 – Personal Biography redesigned and updated
January 2021 – Updates of Media Commentary and Journal Articles page structures
Top Posts & Pages
- Changing Scotland's Towns
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- Town Centres in Wales: Bounded Muscularity?
- Brexit isn't Delivering
- Grocery Market Shares in Great Britain 1997-2021
- A Lidl Surprise?
- Retail Disruptors - the spectacular rise and impact of the hard discounters
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Scottish and Online Retail Sales in Lockdown
- Webinar: "A New Future for Scotland's Town Centres"
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Food
Anyone who follows me on twitter will have become used to Saturday pictures and tweets about the progress or not in my greenhouse. On the 28th March I began (week 1) and here we are at week 26 – half … Continue reading
If there is no upside to Brexit then a No Deal Brexit plumbs the depth of stupidity. And yet, two men who claim to be intelligent are currently racing to utter the most damaging nonsense and not bothering to hide … Continue reading
On a few occasions before, I have come back from somewhere and commented on the quality of food and/or retail culture that I have observed. I have then contrasted it with our own paucity of offer. I know this can … Continue reading
Boris Johnson’s view of the importance of business to the economy and to the care and concern he gave the business view on Brexit was well covered at the time. Dominic Raab’s more recent revelation that Dover was actually quite … Continue reading
A few weeks ago I attended the Royal Welsh Show (Y Sioe Fawr) at Llanelwedd/Builth Wells. For a number of years I have been to the Royal Highland Show at Ingliston and have always thought it to be a large … Continue reading