Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
12.02.2018 Our latest Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
22.1.18 A little bit of post new year tidying up and updating done, especially in relation to media
Top Posts & Pages
- "We're in the Money"
- Shops opening and expanding, queues outside: the High Street picture that’s not making the national news
- Tartan Cents: Linking the Scottish Global Diaspora
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- Tesco Trails
- Taxing Times: Tesco and Poland
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Albert Gubay 1928-2016
- Fully Funded ESRC Collaborative PhD Studentship on Scottish convenience store retailing
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: independents
Everyone pretty much agrees these days that we are living in an era of ‘fake news’, or outright lies as it would be better called. You know the sort of things – £350m per week to spend on the NHS, … Continue reading
This post has been ready for some time, but I thought I would publish it today, as it is National Sporting Heritage Day. If you are reading this on the 30th in Stirling then the University is hosting a pop-up … Continue reading
Yesterday, I was fortunate enough to be at the Scottish Grocers Federation Annual Conference to hear a range of excellent speakers, take part in a debate on the Future of Retailing, present an award for Store of the Year and … Continue reading
The Local Data Company and the University of Stirling are introducing a report on retailing in Scotland’s Top 100 Towns and Cities on 17th December at KPMG’s offices in Edinburgh. We are limited to 50 places and attendance is FREE, … Continue reading