Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Taxing Times: Tesco and Poland
- Poundland and Sports Direct
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- Have You Heard of Sanders Bros?
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- Halifax - with Elephants
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Town Centre Review
A few years ago I came across Iain Scott – well it was a bit hard to miss him as his kilt and hair meant you had to wear sunglasses to be in the same room – as part of … Continue reading
Scotland is a country of towns; more than 55% of the Scottish population lives in towns and they are a distinctive feature of the country through their townscapes, functions and activities. But as we have said often over the last … Continue reading
As before, this blog comes with something of a health warning; when I write about Business Improvement Districts (BIDs) in Scotland you need to be aware that I am on the Board of Improvement Districts Scotland (IDS) Ltd, the arms … Continue reading
In addition to being on the Scottish Government’s Expert Advisory Group on the lessons from the horsemeat scandal I have also been a member of the External Advisory Group (EAG) on the Scottish Government’s National Review of Town Centres. Not … Continue reading
What sort of town centre do you want? Scotland’s Towns Conference was held the other week in Perth as noted here before. It formed part of a Towns week across Scotland which saw other events being held locally as well … Continue reading