Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- "Destination High Street - Restoring Vibrancy to Scotland's Towns"
- Taxing Matters for Retailers
- Books and Booksellers
- A Lidl Surprise?
- A (Retail) Sense of Place
- The Scottish Diet and Retail Shops
- Shops opening and expanding, queues outside: the High Street picture that’s not making the national news
- Twin Towns
- Analysing and Understanding Shopping Centres
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Rates
The upcoming Budget has as normal seen a flurry of ‘advice’ for the UK Government’s Chancellor. Much of this is special pleading, especially in the light of the so-called End of Austerity. Within this though the issue of business rates … Continue reading
Thursday’s much trailed announcement that House of Fraser was aiming to close 31 of its 59 stores in the UK and was seeking large rent reductions on those that remain, all as part of a seemingly contested CVA, was the … Continue reading
A few weeks have now passed since the publication of the much anticipated Barclay Review of Non Domestic Rates in Scotland. I was away at the time and did not get much sense of how it was received, though did … Continue reading