Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
October 2020 – Additions of recent articles in Social Science & Medicine and Marketing Theory to the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- Commuting and Retailing in Town Centres
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Openings and Closures in 2020 - but of what?
- "Retail sales surge close to pre-lockdown levels"
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- Journal Articles 2011
- Footfall, Curfews and Data
- Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Amazon
Last Friday afternoon I attended a launch of the new Amazon inspired and supported Clicks and Mortar store in the Waverley Mall, Edinburgh. This is the third such store and the first in Scotland; ten are planned in total over … Continue reading
125 stores, 2200 direct employees, an unknown number of individuals and businesses also linked to, and supplying, the company; the administration and likely demise of HMV would be problematic at any time but between Christmas and New Year it has … Continue reading
The upcoming Budget has as normal seen a flurry of ‘advice’ for the UK Government’s Chancellor. Much of this is special pleading, especially in the light of the so-called End of Austerity. Within this though the issue of business rates … Continue reading
A few weeks ago I presented at a Booksellers Association arranged event, The Independent Booksellers Forum on Creative Collaboration for Healthy High Streets. I had been invited to talk about what is going on in retailing , the Portas review … Continue reading