Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
April 2020 – Some tidying up and corrections in the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- What Should We Value about Retailing and Towns and What Should We Do About Them?
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- Tracking the Impact of Lockdown on Retailers
- Retailing, Shopping and Covid-19
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- A New User’s Reflections on Online Grocery Shopping
- Retail Armageddon or Reinvention?
- Retail Armageddon
- Supermarket Nightmares: Keeping your Distance
- The Need for a Digital Tax
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Amazon
Last Friday afternoon I attended a launch of the new Amazon inspired and supported Clicks and Mortar store in the Waverley Mall, Edinburgh. This is the third such store and the first in Scotland; ten are planned in total over … Continue reading
125 stores, 2200 direct employees, an unknown number of individuals and businesses also linked to, and supplying, the company; the administration and likely demise of HMV would be problematic at any time but between Christmas and New Year it has … Continue reading
The upcoming Budget has as normal seen a flurry of ‘advice’ for the UK Government’s Chancellor. Much of this is special pleading, especially in the light of the so-called End of Austerity. Within this though the issue of business rates … Continue reading
A few weeks ago I presented at a Booksellers Association arranged event, The Independent Booksellers Forum on Creative Collaboration for Healthy High Streets. I had been invited to talk about what is going on in retailing , the Portas review … Continue reading