Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Christmas may be Cancelled
- Understanding Scottish Places: O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us
- A Lidl Surprise?
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- The ‘squeezed middle’ and the domino effect in the grocery supply chain
- Retail Disruptors - the spectacular rise and impact of the hard discounters
- Vacancies and Store Closures
- Food and Retailing Cultures: Zaragoza
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Food Culture
On a few occasions before, I have come back from somewhere and commented on the quality of food and/or retail culture that I have observed. I have then contrasted it with our own paucity of offer. I know this can … Continue reading
It has been some time since I was in Lisbon and thus it was a pleasure to receive an invite to present a keynote to a conference on retail, consumption and urban governance, especially in early autumn, which is slightly … Continue reading
A few weeks ago I attended the Royal Welsh Show (Y Sioe Fawr) at Llanelwedd/Builth Wells. For a number of years I have been to the Royal Highland Show at Ingliston and have always thought it to be a large … Continue reading
Let’s get the rugby out of the way first. It’s all Scotland’s fault; these days it always is. Another wooden spoon and apparently such a poor performance that the true champions, Wales, despite a magnificent demonstration of world-class rugby against … Continue reading