Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
02.08.2018 2018 Publications updated to include three new articles
12.07.2018 Our latest Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- Trading Places: our Town and Country Planning Columns
- Tesco Trails
- Shops opening and expanding, queues outside: the High Street picture that’s not making the national news
- A (Retail) Sense of Place
- Turning Around another Supertanker; Marks and Spencer
- The ‘squeezed middle’ and the domino effect in the grocery supply chain
- "Argos catalogues - a fascinating historical archive"
- Tartan Cents: Linking the Scottish Global Diaspora
- HoF: House of Fools?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Urban History
Last week I ventured north to the ‘Fair City’ of Perth for a presentation at a Scottish Civic Trust and Perth Civic Trust evening event on the theme of Perth: Past, Present and Future. I had been given the task … Continue reading
One of the perks of running this blog is that I can occasionally hand it over to others for contributions and get to learn something about their interests and viewpoints. Readers of previous guest blogs will thus have seen Anne … Continue reading
One of the joys of working at a University is that (on the whole!) colleagues are interesting and interested and you can have conversations that take very different turns. One recently with my frequent co-author Anne Findlay ended with “oh … Continue reading