Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
April 2020 – Some tidying up and corrections in the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- Towns and Town Centres in Scotland: reflections six years on from Fraser
- What Should We Value about Retailing and Towns and What Should We Do About Them?
- Whole Foods Giffnock – Apples or Pears?
- Analysing and Understanding Shopping Centres
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Scotland: Housing to 2040
- Fighting Fit? Independent Convenience Stores and the Public Health Agenda
- Going Self-Service - a 70 year old revolution?
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Confidence, Cash and Friction: Shopping in Scotland
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Urban History
Last week I ventured north to the ‘Fair City’ of Perth for a presentation at a Scottish Civic Trust and Perth Civic Trust evening event on the theme of Perth: Past, Present and Future. I had been given the task … Continue reading
One of the perks of running this blog is that I can occasionally hand it over to others for contributions and get to learn something about their interests and viewpoints. Readers of previous guest blogs will thus have seen Anne … Continue reading
One of the joys of working at a University is that (on the whole!) colleagues are interesting and interested and you can have conversations that take very different turns. One recently with my frequent co-author Anne Findlay ended with “oh … Continue reading