Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
October 2020 – Additions of recent articles in Social Science & Medicine and Marketing Theory to the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- Openings and Closures in 2020 - but of what?
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- Commuting and Retailing in Town Centres
- Media Commentary 2020
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- An Aide-Memoire for Towns
- Feargal Quinn 1936-2019
- The Multiplier and the Glue: Locally owned convenience stores and the local economy
- Making Hospital Shops Healthier
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Books
Anyone following me on twitter will know of my enduring fascination with ghostsigns. It has also appeared on this blog a few times. These traces of the past are, in my view, something worth capturing and preserving (or at least … Continue reading
Readers of this blog will be aware of the occasional use of guest bloggers and of book reviews. A couple of weeks ago my colleague Steve Burt showed me a new retail book he had bought, authored by two contemporaries … Continue reading
One of the perks of running this blog is that I can occasionally hand it over to others for contributions and get to learn something about their interests and viewpoints. Readers of previous guest blogs will thus have seen Anne … Continue reading
One of the joys of working at a University is that (on the whole!) colleagues are interesting and interested and you can have conversations that take very different turns. One recently with my frequent co-author Anne Findlay ended with “oh … Continue reading
It’s not that I have more time in the summer, but rather I try to clean up my office (and it really does need it, as colleagues will attest). The problem is that I end up discovering things I had … Continue reading