Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- UK Grocery Market Share 1997-2019
- Tesco Trails
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- Going Self-Service - a 70 year old revolution?
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- Local Convenience Stores in a Challenging Retail Environment
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Twin Towns
- Herkku Food Market Delicatessen – Helsinki
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: technology
125 stores, 2200 direct employees, an unknown number of individuals and businesses also linked to, and supplying, the company; the administration and likely demise of HMV would be problematic at any time but between Christmas and New Year it has … Continue reading
There has been quite a lot of attention in the last few days on the Amazon Go unit in Seattle being opened to the public. Much has focused on whether this is the end of retail work and how fast … Continue reading
I first encountered John Dawson when I was working in the City Council in Townsville, Northern Queensland. I was on a four-month exchange as a student and had been asked to do some research on shopping centres. As a consequence … Continue reading
Readers of this blog will be aware of the occasional use of guest bloggers and of book reviews. A couple of weeks ago my colleague Steve Burt showed me a new retail book he had bought, authored by two contemporaries … Continue reading
The Grimsey Review of 2013 very strongly made the case that the high street of the future (or indeed of the present) has to embrace the digital world into which many of us have increasingly moved. As technology and consumers … Continue reading