Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- Retail Armageddon - Non Food
- Retail Armageddon or Reinvention?
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- Retail Armageddon
- Christmas and more in March - but only for some
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Hail The Town! The Scottish Town in the Age of the Enlightenment
- Feeding the (Potentially Rather Ill) Nation?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: technology
On the 3rd March, the University of Stirling, the Stirling Management School and the Institute for Retail Studies were very pleased to host the Chief Executive of the British Retail Consortium, Helen Dickinson, OBE. In front of an audience of … Continue reading
125 stores, 2200 direct employees, an unknown number of individuals and businesses also linked to, and supplying, the company; the administration and likely demise of HMV would be problematic at any time but between Christmas and New Year it has … Continue reading
There has been quite a lot of attention in the last few days on the Amazon Go unit in Seattle being opened to the public. Much has focused on whether this is the end of retail work and how fast … Continue reading
I first encountered John Dawson when I was working in the City Council in Townsville, Northern Queensland. I was on a four-month exchange as a student and had been asked to do some research on shopping centres. As a consequence … Continue reading
Readers of this blog will be aware of the occasional use of guest bloggers and of book reviews. A couple of weeks ago my colleague Steve Burt showed me a new retail book he had bought, authored by two contemporaries … Continue reading