Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
January 2023 – Roll over of some areas for new year, plus The Conversation piece on Christmas trading updates published (see commentaries tab) and main posts
December 2022 – End of year tidying up and re-arrangement, including link to EDAS podcast on places and towns (see presentations tab)
April 2022 -new journal article published (Journal Articles page) on Twenty-One Years of Going Shopping and Marketing History
Top Posts & Pages
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- UK Grocery Market Share 1997-2019
- Retail Armageddon - Non Food
- Logistics and Retail Management 5th Edition
- Singapore's Scary Monsters
- The Cost-of-living Crisis and its impact on Retailers and their Customers
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- Retail Impact Assessments: Time for a Rethink?
- Oxford Street, Hull and Beyond
- Then there were three?
Writing About ...
Join 5,450 other subscribers
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Stirling Council
The 8th November saw the publication of the revised National Planning Framework 4 – the national spatial and planning strategy for Scotland. It will now be the subject of further parliamentary discussion before hopefully being approved. This revision is the … Continue reading →
I had no intention of adding to my last post about the perverse decision of Stirling Council to go against official recommendation and permit a new ASDA superstore on a greenfield site further out from Stirling than any other retail … Continue reading →
Yesterday I gave evidence to the Scottish Parliament’s Local Government, Housing and Planning Committee on the Scottish Government’s draft National Planning Framework 4. It was an interesting experience and lasted 90 minutes or so with a panel of myself, Professor … Continue reading →