Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
12.02.2018 Our latest Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
22.1.18 A little bit of post new year tidying up and updating done, especially in relation to media
Top Posts & Pages
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Scottish Grocers’ Federation Retail Excellence Awards 2014: Store of the Year
- Analysing and Understanding Shopping Centres
- Whole Foods Giffnock – Apples or Pears?
- Hail The Town! The Scottish Town in the Age of the Enlightenment
- The Wonder of Woolies - continued
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- Scotland's Shops and Shopfronts: history and future?
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Tourism
Back in the warmth of Singapore for our graduation and alumni events and associated student and other meetings, and there seemed to be only one question people had for me; what could be done about Singapore’s ailing retail sector? On … Continue reading
It has been some time since I was in Lisbon and thus it was a pleasure to receive an invite to present a keynote to a conference on retail, consumption and urban governance, especially in early autumn, which is slightly … Continue reading
The SNP Government, in the form of Nicola Sturgeon, has announced today that the minimum price per unit of alcohol will be 50p in Scotland. With most party support and the inbuilt majority in any case, this will soon become … Continue reading
Taking my role as the American Collegiate Retailing Association’s “Member-at-Large” extremely seriously, ahead of the biennial EAERCD academic conference I recently joined a small (though obviously not-so-select) band on a five-day study tour of Northern Italian food retailing and food … Continue reading