Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Policy Interventions for Healthier Diets: Insights from Scotland
- A Lidl Surprise?
- The Scottish Diet and Retail Shops
- Are Retailers Social Engineers?
- Food, health and data: developing transformative food retailing
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- "Destination High Street - Restoring Vibrancy to Scotland's Towns"
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: History
I was out at the country on the tenth ‘anniversary’ of the closure of the last Woolworths store in the UK – 6th January to be exact. I had already contributed to an element of the ‘celebration’/‘remembrance’, so didn’t feel … Continue reading
To anyone with a Welsh background and an interest in films, Twin Town conjures up a film of 20+ years ago which was described as a Welsh Trainspotting, though less successful. Lock up your sheep and pretty much anything else, … Continue reading
It was not quite my shortest visit to Singapore, but it came close; a couple of days launching a new partnership with Amity University and our annual graduation ceremony with SIM. For reading on the plane I had grabbed a book … Continue reading
Our recent visit to Orkney was not meant to be about retailing or shops, but inevitably just wandering around Stromness and Kirkwall one can’t help but look at the retailing. As I noted in the earlier blog, the overwhelming sense … Continue reading
For those who catch up with me on Twitter, a few weeks ago we had a long weekend in Lisbon – no, not for Eurovision – and I said I would do a post on retail things of interest we … Continue reading