Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
16.08.2018 New article added to the publications section
02.08.2018 Publications updated to include three new articles
12.07.2018 Our latest Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Media Commentary 2018
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Three Go To An Exhibition
- Journal Articles 2018
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Healthy Ageing in Scotland (HAGIS) and Online Shopping
- Challenging Times in Food Retailing, continued
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Woolworths
On a number of occasions this blog has covered aspects of the past and in particular ghostsigns and historic shops and shopfronts. Across Scotland (and beyond) there is an enduring fascination for, and concern with, our retail history. I was … Continue reading
Just before Christmas I found myself in Brixton – as one does – and in wandering the streets passed by the H&M. As you might see from my photograph below, it is housed in a fine building. My immediate reaction … Continue reading
They say time flies when you’re having fun; so it really should have dragged over the last few years through the deepest recession in living memory. But it really doesn’t seem like five years (FIVE YEARS) this week since Woolworth … Continue reading