Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
January 2021 – Updates of Media Commentary and Journal Articles page structures
October 2020 – Additions of recent articles in Social Science & Medicine and Marketing Theory to the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- Screen Time? Cinemas and Town Centres
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- Stopping Doing Harm to our Town Centres
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- UK Grocery Market Share 1997-2019
- How is Coronavirus affecting the UK's Retail Sector?
- Hail The Town! The Scottish Town in the Age of the Enlightenment
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Webinar: "A New Future for Scotland's Town Centres"
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Plastic Bags
For some time it has been apparent that Dave Lewis has been determined to address the ‘bloat’ in Tesco and cut back on all sorts of things. In the big picture out have gone most of the diversifications of the … Continue reading
My recent visit to Poland and the symposium on sustainable development discussion brought back memories from my first visit to Poland in 1987 and discussions we had there around retail location and the purpose of retailing. In that not quite … Continue reading
I’ve just come off the radio after doing a short piece on the John Beattie Radio Scotland show about the introduction of carrier bag charging in Scotland. Some three and a bit years after I wrote about this, the Scottish … Continue reading
Almost a year ago I wrote here about a proposed consultation on plastic bags and argued that we should simply get on with it as the arguments have all been rehearsed before. So, today, what has been launched? Yes, consultation … Continue reading