Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
January 2023 – Roll over of some areas for new year, plus The Conversation piece on Christmas trading updates published (see commentaries tab) and main posts
December 2022 – End of year tidying up and re-arrangement, including link to EDAS podcast on places and towns (see presentations tab)
April 2022 -new journal article published (Journal Articles page) on Twenty-One Years of Going Shopping and Marketing History
Top Posts & Pages
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- UK Grocery Market Share 1997-2019
- Retail Armageddon - Non Food
- Logistics and Retail Management 5th Edition
- Singapore's Scary Monsters
- The Cost-of-living Crisis and its impact on Retailers and their Customers
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- Retail Impact Assessments: Time for a Rethink?
- Oxford Street, Hull and Beyond
- Then there were three?
Writing About ...
Join 5,450 other subscribers
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Plastic bags
My recent visit to Poland and the symposium on sustainable development discussion brought back memories from my first visit to Poland in 1987 and discussions we had there around retail location and the purpose of retailing. In that not quite … Continue reading
I’ve just come off the radio after doing a short piece on the John Beattie Radio Scotland show about the introduction of carrier bag charging in Scotland. Some three and a bit years after I wrote about this, the Scottish … Continue reading
Almost a year ago I wrote here about a proposed consultation on plastic bags and argued that we should simply get on with it as the arguments have all been rehearsed before. So, today, what has been launched? Yes, consultation … Continue reading