Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
16.08.2018 New article added to the publications section
02.08.2018 Publications updated to include three new articles
12.07.2018 Our latest Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Free the Fife One!
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- The ‘squeezed middle’ and the domino effect in the grocery supply chain
- Taxing Times: Tesco and Poland
- Town Centre Toolkit Launched on the New Scotland's Towns Partnership Portal
- A Lidl Surprise?
- Fully Funded ESRC Collaborative PhD Studentship on Scottish convenience store retailing
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Co-operatives
On a number of occasions this blog has covered aspects of the past and in particular ghostsigns and historic shops and shopfronts. Across Scotland (and beyond) there is an enduring fascination for, and concern with, our retail history. I was … Continue reading
2017 was the 50th Anniversary of the opening of the University of Stirling. There were a number of celebrations and activities, as well as periods of reflection. One of the events on campus was an exhibition about 1967. This involved … Continue reading
A little while ago I put up the photograph above on Twitter of three Co-operative Society tokens I had found; in this case from the Pontycymmer Industrial and Co-operative Society for a large loaf and one pint and a half … Continue reading
This post has been ready for some time, but I thought I would publish it today, as it is National Sporting Heritage Day. If you are reading this on the 30th in Stirling then the University is hosting a pop-up … Continue reading
A number of my colleagues have at times questioned why I bother with this retail blog or engage with Twitter. They tend to view such activity as essentially pointless or potentially taking them away from their research and other activity. … Continue reading