Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
October 2020 – Additions of recent articles in Social Science & Medicine and Marketing Theory to the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- Great Expectations
- UK Grocery Market Share 1997-2019
- Scotland's Town Centre Action Plan Review
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- Have You Heard of Sanders Bros?
- Openings and Closures in 2020 - but of what?
- Of Cows and Elephants
- What Should We Value about Retailing and Towns and What Should We Do About Them?
- The Multiplier and the Glue: Locally owned convenience stores and the local economy
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Grocery
One of the most enjoyable things about social media is the ease of connectivity to people, their work and interesting (well, to me) things. It really is so much more simpler and easier than decades ago. A good example of … Continue reading
Given we are less than 10 weeks away from Brexit and the possible end of the grocery world as we know, writing a post about retailing a decade ahead seems foolhardy (spoiler alert; it is). But bear with me. Let’s … Continue reading
A popular phrase used in media and other commentary on the UK grocery system is that “Small firms are being ‘squeezed’ by their powerful partners“. This is shorthand for financial pressures put on SMEs by large organisations such as grocery … Continue reading