Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
16.08.2018 New article added to the publications section
02.08.2018 Publications updated to include three new articles
12.07.2018 Our latest Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Town & Country Planning Journal (Trading Places Columns) 2012-2018
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- Retail Threads in the Scottish Diaspora Tapestry - Sir Thomas Lipton
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Perth - Past, Present, Future
- Trading Places: our Town and Country Planning Columns
- A Lidl Surprise?
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Understanding Scottish Places
Downloadable versions of this post are available here (word) and here (pdf). The attraction of many international delegates to the inaugural World Towns Summit in Edinburgh in June 2016 was eloquent testimony to the perception that Scotland has led the … Continue reading
Last Thursday was dubbed Super Thursday by a number of analysts due to the sheer volume of results, trading updates and other news expected from retail companies. It did not disappoint in that Morrisons sold off their convenience stores and … Continue reading
In retrospect it was a shame that the first Scotland’s Towns Partnership Roadshow was held in Galashiels earlier this week. Not of course, because it was Galashiels, but rather because the re-opening of the Borders Railway is still a few … Continue reading