Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
April 2020 – Some tidying up and corrections in the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- Whole Foods Giffnock – Apples or Pears?
- Planning: Good, Evil or Just Tedious?
- Embracing Failure in the Shadow of Success
- "Argos catalogues - a fascinating historical archive"
- Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
- Supermarket Nightmares: Keeping your Distance
- Research Projects
- Have You Heard of Sanders Bros?
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Shopping Centres
It was an eye-catching gimmick, and it did the job, getting media coverage (and me onto the radio (again)). In early February, at a London auction The Postings shopping centre in Kirkcaldy was put up for sale with a reserve … Continue reading
2017 was the 50th Anniversary of the opening of the University of Stirling. There were a number of celebrations and activities, as well as periods of reflection. One of the events on campus was an exhibition about 1967. This involved … Continue reading
Back in the warmth of Singapore for our graduation and alumni events and associated student and other meetings, and there seemed to be only one question people had for me; what could be done about Singapore’s ailing retail sector? On … Continue reading
One of the good things about being a Professor of Retail Studies is that you get to meet interesting people with interesting ideas. Over the last year or so I have been involved on some executive education with Bayfield Training … Continue reading
Remarkably – well to me anyhow – it has been almost six weeks since I last posted on here. It is not as though things haven’t been happening or that I have not been busy, it is just life has … Continue reading