Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
October 2020 – Additions of recent articles in Social Science & Medicine and Marketing Theory to the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- Openings and Closures in 2020 - but of what?
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- Commuting and Retailing in Town Centres
- Media Commentary 2020
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- An Aide-Memoire for Towns
- Feargal Quinn 1936-2019
- The Multiplier and the Glue: Locally owned convenience stores and the local economy
- Making Hospital Shops Healthier
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Sanders Bros
As a child I remember people mentioning the ‘milk train’ between London and South Wales, but was never sure if it was first up or last down or both. Before I married, my fiancée and I went to stay in … Continue reading
The other week the eminent social historian Asa Briggs died. Despite my not being an historian this was a name I knew. I came across his work when I wanted to look at aspects of the social history of the … Continue reading
For me it all began when one of my MBA retailing students showed me an advertisement from the 1933 Times and challenged me, as a Professor of Retail Studies, to tell him who Sanders Bros were, given that they were … Continue reading