Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Catching Up?
- Turning Around another Supertanker; Marks and Spencer
- Yours for £1 (not really)
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Are Retailers Social Engineers?
- Shops opening and expanding, queues outside: the High Street picture that’s not making the national news
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- A Lidl Surprise?
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Sanders Bros
The other week the eminent social historian Asa Briggs died. Despite my not being an historian this was a name I knew. I came across his work when I wanted to look at aspects of the social history of the … Continue reading
For me it all began when one of my MBA retailing students showed me an advertisement from the 1933 Times and challenged me, as a Professor of Retail Studies, to tell him who Sanders Bros were, given that they were … Continue reading