Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
May 2021 – Journal Articles page updated with two new academic papers in Planning, Theory and Practice, and Sustainability, joining our Ageing & Society paper
March 2021 – Personal Biography redesigned and updated
January 2021 – Updates of Media Commentary and Journal Articles page structures
Top Posts & Pages
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- Albert Gubay 1928-2016
- The Great Tapestry of Scotland in Galashiels
- UK Grocery Market Share 1997-2019
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Towns and Town Centres in Scotland: reflections six years on from Fraser
- A New Future for Scotland's Town Centres - (1) Introduction to our Report
- Towns, High Streets and Resilience: A Question for Policy?
- Should Large Retail Stores be Open or Closed on New Year's Day (Ne'erday) in Scotland ?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Sanders Bros
As a child I remember people mentioning the ‘milk train’ between London and South Wales, but was never sure if it was first up or last down or both. Before I married, my fiancée and I went to stay in … Continue reading
The other week the eminent social historian Asa Briggs died. Despite my not being an historian this was a name I knew. I came across his work when I wanted to look at aspects of the social history of the … Continue reading
For me it all began when one of my MBA retailing students showed me an advertisement from the 1933 Times and challenged me, as a Professor of Retail Studies, to tell him who Sanders Bros were, given that they were … Continue reading