Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
April 2020 – Some tidying up and corrections in the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- What Should We Value about Retailing and Towns and What Should We Do About Them?
- Scottish and Online Retail Sales in Lockdown
- Whole Foods Giffnock – Apples or Pears?
- Analysing and Understanding Shopping Centres
- Confidence, Cash and Friction: Shopping in Scotland
- Towns and Town Centres in Scotland: reflections six years on from Fraser
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Does Footfall Matter?
- Shopping with Confidence?
- Retail Focused Funded PhD Available - Suburban Mobility: Shopping and Older People
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Sainsbury
The impact of COVID-19 has hit retailers in different ways. We are now beginning to see the official figures and some retailers have provided updates. As anticipated in a previous post, the April sales figures for Scotland showed a massive … Continue reading
Given we are less than 10 weeks away from Brexit and the possible end of the grocery world as we know, writing a post about retailing a decade ahead seems foolhardy (spoiler alert; it is). But bear with me. Let’s … Continue reading
There has been quite a lot of attention in the last few days on the Amazon Go unit in Seattle being opened to the public. Much has focused on whether this is the end of retail work and how fast … Continue reading
The last few weeks have been really quiet in retailing – no, just kidding. What with Brexit – and the uncertainty it has generated – beginning to take hold in the markets, the unfolding BHS and Sports Direct scandals putting … Continue reading
For me it all began when one of my MBA retailing students showed me an advertisement from the 1933 Times and challenged me, as a Professor of Retail Studies, to tell him who Sanders Bros were, given that they were … Continue reading
A number of issues in the press the last week caught my eye around the subject of taxes. We start with the news out of Denmark that the government there has announced the removal of the world’s first “fat tax”. … Continue reading