Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
April 2020 – Some tidying up and corrections in the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- "Retail sales surge close to pre-lockdown levels"
- Taxing Times: Tesco and Poland
- UK Grocery Market Share 1997-2019
- Lockdown 1990s style
- Build Back Better: Bill Grimsey and Covid
- A Lidl Surprise?
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- Tesco, Booker and Poundland
- Media Commentary 2020
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Prices
A little while ago I put up the photograph above on Twitter of three Co-operative Society tokens I had found; in this case from the Pontycymmer Industrial and Co-operative Society for a large loaf and one pint and a half … Continue reading
A popular phrase used in media and other commentary on the UK grocery system is that “Small firms are being ‘squeezed’ by their powerful partners“. This is shorthand for financial pressures put on SMEs by large organisations such as grocery … Continue reading
I’ve just come off the radio after doing a short piece on the John Beattie Radio Scotland show about the introduction of carrier bag charging in Scotland. Some three and a bit years after I wrote about this, the Scottish … Continue reading