Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
April 2022 -new journal article published (Journal Articles page) on Twenty-One Years of Going Shopping and Marketing History
January 2022 – removal of some redundant pages, reordering of some material, the addition of some new pages (under Commentaries), and some changes to some of the text throughout
Top Posts & Pages
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- Checkout the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Screen Time? Cinemas and Town Centres
- Queen Bees : Q-commerce, the on-demand world and the changing meaning of online retailing
- Stirling - Still All at C
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Online retailing
In late July, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) produced a short article on economic trends in GB in the retail sector since 1989, examining how retail sales fit in with the wider economic climate, including over time, long-term trends … Continue reading
Regular readers of this blog will be aware that I have, since 1997, been using Kantar data to look at the changing grocery market shares in Great Britain. Taking July data each year this series now extends almost a quarter … Continue reading
In my last post one of the statements that garnered quite a lot of attention was “As an example, I am hearing of (and locally seeing) quite a lot of local independent businesses opening up, and a better realism of … Continue reading
A couple of weeks ago, the Office for National Statistics produced the monthly retail sales figures for Great Britain for January 2021. This is the first full month of data since lockdown was reintroduced before and around Christmas. The press … Continue reading