Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
January 2021 – Updates of Media Commentary and Journal Articles page structures
October 2020 – Additions of recent articles in Social Science & Medicine and Marketing Theory to the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- National Review of Town Centres
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- 2020 - my year in articles
- Scotland's Shops and Shopfronts: history and future?
- Town Centre Regeneration - Learning Lessons?
- Regeneration - of Place and People?
- "The Preston Model": Community Wealth Building
- Towns and Town Centres in Scotland: reflections six years on from Fraser
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Online retailing
On the 3rd March, the University of Stirling, the Stirling Management School and the Institute for Retail Studies were very pleased to host the Chief Executive of the British Retail Consortium, Helen Dickinson, OBE. In front of an audience of … Continue reading
The upcoming Budget has as normal seen a flurry of ‘advice’ for the UK Government’s Chancellor. Much of this is special pleading, especially in the light of the so-called End of Austerity. Within this though the issue of business rates … Continue reading
The rise of the internet as a channel of purchase and distribution has been a major transformation for consumers and also for many retailers. Whilst distance selling including mail order had been present for centuries, the internet offers a radically … Continue reading
The issue of opening hours for shops is something that has been an ever-present during my time as an academic. The product-based absurdities of the late 1970s and early 1980s were eventually swept away as opening hours were modernised and … Continue reading