Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Of Cows and Elephants
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- HMV - predictable or what?
- Towns and Town Centres in Scotland: reflections six years on from Fraser
- UK Grocery Market Share 1997-2019
- Quant (ifying) the Past
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- The Scottish Diet and Retail Shops
- Efficiency or Idiocy?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Innovation
A few weeks ago a journalist rang and asked about the introduction of self-service retailing into the UK. A particular question was about the way in which retailers converting to self-service in the 1940s and 1950s knew what to do … Continue reading
Given we are less than 10 weeks away from Brexit and the possible end of the grocery world as we know, writing a post about retailing a decade ahead seems foolhardy (spoiler alert; it is). But bear with me. Let’s … Continue reading
“See the world as you want it to be, not the way it is” There’s been much discussion over the last few years about the need for a new narrative or story for Scotland’s Town Centres, not least in the … Continue reading
As I have written before, in reading this post you have to remember that I am a Board Member of BIDs (Business Improvement Districts) Scotland and thus believe they have a role to play in Scotland and in Scotland’s town … Continue reading