Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
January 2023 – Roll over of some areas for new year, plus The Conversation piece on Christmas trading updates published (see commentaries tab) and main posts
December 2022 – End of year tidying up and re-arrangement, including link to EDAS podcast on places and towns (see presentations tab)
April 2022 -new journal article published (Journal Articles page) on Twenty-One Years of Going Shopping and Marketing History
Top Posts & Pages
- E-commerce: economic growth and empowerment of women and girls
- Grocery Market Shares in Great Britain (GB) 1997-2022
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Who Owns Scotland's Towns, High Streets and Shopping Centres?
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- Herkku Food Market Delicatessen – Helsinki
- UK Grocery Market Share 1997-2019
Writing About ...
Join 5,450 other subscribers
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Glasgow
My long-term colleague, Anne Findlay has just sent me a newspaper clipping that she recently found in her parent’s house. A quick bit of research (or Googling as we now call it) dated it to February 7th 1962. Anne knew … Continue reading
The death of the high street and the decline of the town centre have been widely debated, with the finger of blame being pointed to decentralisation of economic activities and changing consumer behaviours. This polarisation between traditional town centres and … Continue reading