Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Landlords vs Retailers or Zombies vs Aliens?
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Albert Gubay 1928-2016
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
- Food, health and data: developing transformative food retailing
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Customer service
On the 25th April, it was announced that Feargal Quinn the legendary Irish retail businessman, founder of Superquinn, had passed away. The President of Ireland said There have been many tributes and obituaries to him in the days that have … Continue reading
Visiting Helsinki for a couple of days (see blog here) allowed me also to experience a guided visit to the S-Group’s Herkku Food Market Delicatessen in the basement of the Stockmann Department Store. Stockmann is an institution in Finland, being … Continue reading
In the summer of 1989 I spent eight weeks travelling around the United States and Canada looking at the customer service practices of North American retailers. I visited numerous retailers, large and small, and interviewed countless owners, managers, directors and … Continue reading
What with the announcement by a number of retailers that they are re-considering the tone of voice and announcements made by their self service checkouts and others who are removing such non-human (inhuman?) equipment, it has not been a good … Continue reading