Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
12.02.2018 Our latest Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
22.1.18 A little bit of post new year tidying up and updating done, especially in relation to media
Top Posts & Pages
- Albert Gubay 1928-2016
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Trends in Retailing and Leisure in Scotland's Towns and Cities
- Journal Articles 2018
- Journal Articles 2017
- Catching Up?
- 1967 and All Things Retail
- Town & Country Planning Journal (Trading Places Columns)
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Journal Articles 2016
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Business rates
A few weeks have now passed since the publication of the much anticipated Barclay Review of Non Domestic Rates in Scotland. I was away at the time and did not get much sense of how it was received, though did … Continue reading
This blog has covered the issue of rates on a number of occasions (e.g. rates relief, a levy, some rates and the Grimsey report, the poll tax and business rates) never fully satisfactory, and indeed, re-reading the pieces, with a … Continue reading
On a couple of occasions during the so far three year life of this blog I have almost written something about rates. I have obliquely skirted the issue and then pulled away, sometimes saying I’ll do it properly some day. … Continue reading