Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Retail Armageddon - Non Food
- Retail Armageddon
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- Retail Armageddon or Reinvention?
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- Research Projects
- Albert Gubay 1928-2016
- Scotland's Shops and Shopfronts: history and future?
- Scotland: Housing to 2040
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Tag Archives: Business rates
125 stores, 2200 direct employees, an unknown number of individuals and businesses also linked to, and supplying, the company; the administration and likely demise of HMV would be problematic at any time but between Christmas and New Year it has … Continue reading
The ASOS news this week was to many something of a surprise, but in reality it really shouldn’t be. A profit warning on Monday wiped almost 40% off its share price and impacted other retailers as well. Many of these … Continue reading
The upcoming Budget has as normal seen a flurry of ‘advice’ for the UK Government’s Chancellor. Much of this is special pleading, especially in the light of the so-called End of Austerity. Within this though the issue of business rates … Continue reading