Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Landlords vs Retailers or Zombies vs Aliens?
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Albert Gubay 1928-2016
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
- Food, health and data: developing transformative food retailing
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Woolworths
I was out at the country on the tenth ‘anniversary’ of the closure of the last Woolworths store in the UK – 6th January to be exact. I had already contributed to an element of the ‘celebration’/‘remembrance’, so didn’t feel … Continue reading
On a number of occasions this blog has covered aspects of the past and in particular ghostsigns and historic shops and shopfronts. Across Scotland (and beyond) there is an enduring fascination for, and concern with, our retail history. I was … Continue reading
Just before Christmas I found myself in Brixton – as one does – and in wandering the streets passed by the H&M. As you might see from my photograph below, it is housed in a fine building. My immediate reaction … Continue reading