Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
March 2021 – Personal Biography redesigned and updated
January 2021 – Updates of Media Commentary and Journal Articles page structures
October 2020 – Additions of recent articles in Social Science & Medicine and Marketing Theory to the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- "Soaring Vacancies" : perhaps or perhaps not?
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- The Lost Broch of Stirling
- "Argos catalogues - a fascinating historical archive"
- The Great Re-Awakening?
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- UK Grocery Market Share 1997-2019
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Woolworths
I was out at the country on the tenth ‘anniversary’ of the closure of the last Woolworths store in the UK – 6th January to be exact. I had already contributed to an element of the ‘celebration’/‘remembrance’, so didn’t feel … Continue reading
On a number of occasions this blog has covered aspects of the past and in particular ghostsigns and historic shops and shopfronts. Across Scotland (and beyond) there is an enduring fascination for, and concern with, our retail history. I was … Continue reading
Just before Christmas I found myself in Brixton – as one does – and in wandering the streets passed by the H&M. As you might see from my photograph below, it is housed in a fine building. My immediate reaction … Continue reading