Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
May 2021 – Journal Articles page updated with two new academic papers in Planning, Theory and Practice, and Sustainability, joining our Ageing & Society paper
March 2021 – Personal Biography redesigned and updated
January 2021 – Updates of Media Commentary and Journal Articles page structures
Top Posts & Pages
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Grocery Market Shares in the UK 2020
- How is Coronavirus affecting the UK's Retail Sector?
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- "Whose Town is it Anyway?" Reflections on Scotland's Towns Conference
- Donald Garvin Harris OBE 1938-2013
- Tesco Trails
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Towns Typology
In retrospect it was a shame that the first Scotland’s Towns Partnership Roadshow was held in Galashiels earlier this week. Not of course, because it was Galashiels, but rather because the re-opening of the Borders Railway is still a few … Continue reading
Scotland is a country of towns; more than 55% of the Scottish population lives in towns and they are a distinctive feature of the country through their townscapes, functions and activities. But as we have said often over the last … Continue reading