Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
April 2020 – Some tidying up and corrections in the Journal Article section
Top Posts & Pages
- What Should We Value about Retailing and Towns and What Should We Do About Them?
- Tracking the Impact of Lockdown on Retailers
- Have You Heard of Sanders Bros?
- A New User’s Reflections on Online Grocery Shopping
- About Leigh Sparks and this Blog
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Retailing, Shopping and Covid-19
- Retail change and why we fell in love with supermarkets?
- Analysing and Understanding Shopping Centres
- Vacancies and Store Closures
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Towns
Anyone following me on twitter will know of my enduring fascination with ghostsigns. It has also appeared on this blog a few times. These traces of the past are, in my view, something worth capturing and preserving (or at least … Continue reading
This blog has a number of recurring themes – or nightmares. Most of them are focused around the themes of the mis-use of data, the lack of reaction about the structural change underway across retailing and the unwillingness of many … Continue reading
Some people have been a bad influence on me: @historicshops @KA_Morrison (see Building Our Past) and @ghostsigns spring to mind. Their encyclopaedic knowledge – and delight in and willingness to share – means that I am forever on the search … Continue reading