Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Christmas may be Cancelled
- Understanding Scottish Places: O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us
- A Lidl Surprise?
- A Japanese Eataly? In Singapore?
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- The ‘squeezed middle’ and the domino effect in the grocery supply chain
- Retail Disruptors - the spectacular rise and impact of the hard discounters
- Vacancies and Store Closures
- Food and Retailing Cultures: Zaragoza
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Tesco
For some time it has been apparent that Dave Lewis has been determined to address the ‘bloat’ in Tesco and cut back on all sorts of things. In the big picture out have gone most of the diversifications of the … Continue reading
Given we are less than 10 weeks away from Brexit and the possible end of the grocery world as we know, writing a post about retailing a decade ahead seems foolhardy (spoiler alert; it is). But bear with me. Let’s … Continue reading
UK Grocery Market Shares are a little dependent on who you believe. In my case, I have chosen one group (initially TNS, subsequently taken over by Kantar) and stuck with them. I have wanted not to focus on the short-term … Continue reading