Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Retail Armageddon - Non Food
- Retail Armageddon
- Retail Branding: it's not (just) private label
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- Retail Armageddon or Reinvention?
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- Research Projects
- Albert Gubay 1928-2016
- Scotland's Shops and Shopfronts: history and future?
- Scotland: Housing to 2040
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Tesco
A few weeks ago a journalist rang and asked about the introduction of self-service retailing into the UK. A particular question was about the way in which retailers converting to self-service in the 1940s and 1950s knew what to do … Continue reading
For some time it has been apparent that Dave Lewis has been determined to address the ‘bloat’ in Tesco and cut back on all sorts of things. In the big picture out have gone most of the diversifications of the … Continue reading
Given we are less than 10 weeks away from Brexit and the possible end of the grocery world as we know, writing a post about retailing a decade ahead seems foolhardy (spoiler alert; it is). But bear with me. Let’s … Continue reading