Author: Leigh Sparks
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
2.11.2018 Details of my two new books added – Logistics and Retail Management and Food Retailing and Sustainable Development
12.07.2018 Our final Trading Places column for Town & Country Planning is now available on the Trading Places section of this blog
Top Posts & Pages
- Co-operative Tokens, Sports Direct and The Bristol Pound
- Retail Armageddon - Non Food
- Retail Armageddon or Reinvention?
- Twenty One Years of UK Grocery Market Share
- Retail Armageddon
- Christmas and more in March - but only for some
- London's Welsh Dairies: The Welsh Milk Trade
- Hail The Town! The Scottish Town in the Age of the Enlightenment
- Feeding the (Potentially Rather Ill) Nation?
Writing About ...
- Follow Stirlingretail on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Strategy
It has always baffled me; if Poundland lived up to its name and everything was a pound, then why was the average basket size not a round pound number? Anyhow it is a moot point now. The announcement that Poundland … Continue reading
The rise of the hard discounters is a well-observed phenomenon of continuing research endeavour and commentary. In the UK, as is well known, Aldi and Lidl have captured considerable market share over the last decade. ‘Retail Disruptors’ by Jan-Benedict Steenkamp … Continue reading